News and Updates

Poll

10 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
3:33 AM - Friday the 11th of February, 2011 - by dark52
Activision have finally revealed their plans for Spyro, and those plans are in the form of Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure. USA Today have the details of this new direction for the franchise.

[User Posted Image]

This is apparently the "innovative new universe" that "will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way" that Activision recently mentioned in their Financial Results. Which means the game is likely unrelated to any previous Spyro games and you'll be using various real world action figures from a set of more than 30 characters to interact with the game in some manner.

No platforms are mentioned specifically other than "multiple systems as well as computers, handhelds and phones" but earlier rumours suggested Wii and DS as candidates. They also give a release date of "this fall".

Thanks go to Aura24 for finding the article.
Categories
Comments
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last
avatar
#301 Purple n Spyro 00:59:23 04/03/2011
 Report
AAHHHHH@ HES HORRABLE! HORRRABLE!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHH! HES GONNA EAT ME THIS GOBLIN! AAAHHHhhhh..... THATS SPYRO!? OMP IM COMPLAINING ABOUT ACTIVISION NOW, IMA SEND A COMPLAINT THAT THEY MESSED HIM UP ! smilie
avatar
#302 Purple n Spyro 01:00:24 04/03/2011
 Report
-growl-
avatar
#303 Aura24 01:26:10 04/03/2011
 Report
Please keep your act together, Purple. Complaining to Activision isn't going to help at all. If you don't like the game all because of Spyro's design, then don't bother talking about it... smilie
avatar
#304 DogDragonLover 05:41:31 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Aura24
Please keep your act together, Purple. Complaining to Activision isn't going to help at all. If you don't like the game all because of Spyro's design, then bother talking about it... smilie


I agree with you 100%
avatar
#305 cheatruler 08:10:42 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Aura24
Quote: zer0dch
Quote: Aura24
Classic Spyro fans wanted an original spyro fan, and they got it. Now they're already claiming about the things they don't like in the game, like Spyro's design.

Was this confirmed to be classic? My eyes must be going bad, because I searched and I didn't find it?


It's confirmed on the article that the game going to be based on the Original Spyro from his PS1 days..



they can't do that without sparx... they pretty much destroyed spyro completely...
avatar
#306 riverhippo 10:47:18 04/03/2011
 Report
I could go hours playing any Spyro game and forget Sparx is there. It is unfortunate that we haven't seen him yet in Skylanders, but I think we make him more significant than he's worth. His 'being' was based on the play on words dragon-fly...

And let's not forget that it was 'evil' Activision that actually gave Sparx the attention he 'deserved' in LoS.
avatar
#307 Aura24 12:55:50 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: cheatruler
Quote: Aura24
Quote: zer0dch

Was this confirmed to be classic? My eyes must be going bad, because I searched and I didn't find it?


It's confirmed on the article that the game going to be based on the Original Spyro from his PS1 days..



they can't do that without sparx... they pretty much destroyed spyro completely...


That's not true. That's only an opinion that the majority of the fanbase has been spouting nonsense about..
avatar
#308 CAV 15:14:22 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Purple n Spyro
AAHHHHH@ HES HORRABLE! HORRRABLE!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHH! HES GONNA EAT ME THIS GOBLIN! AAAHHHhhhh..... THATS SPYRO!? OMP IM COMPLAINING ABOUT ACTIVISION NOW, IMA SEND A COMPLAINT THAT THEY MESSED HIM UP ! smilie


I have a feeling he's just trolling.

Quote: cheatruler
they can't do that without sparx... they pretty much destroyed spyro completely...


So the entire franchise is dead because of one character that isn't in the game. That one character, that half the time I forget even exists.
avatar
#309 Aura24 17:23:45 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: CAV
Quote: cheatruler
they can't do that without sparx... they pretty much destroyed spyro completely...


So the entire franchise is dead because of one character that isn't in the game. That one character, that half the time I forget even exists.


An opinion coming from a Spyro fan, who's convinced that his opinion is fact, that's for sure...
avatar
#310 CAV 20:57:41 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Aura24
An opinion coming from a Spyro fan, who's convinced that his opinion is fact, that's for sure...


Are you talking about me? I don't think my opinion is fact.
avatar
#311 Aura24 21:45:45 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: CAV
Quote: Aura24
An opinion coming from a Spyro fan, who's convinced that his opinion is fact, that's for sure...


Are you talking about me? I don't think my opinion is fact.


No I was talking about cheatruler, and his 'spyro being destroyed all because of Sparx gone' nonsense.
avatar
#312 sonicbrawler182 21:53:08 04/03/2011
 Report
If the game takes damge, it is destroyed, because without Sparx, you can only take one hit..... smilie
avatar
#313 Aura24 22:02:33 04/03/2011
 Report
That is if you're really attached to one side of a a video game franchise and treat it like royalty or something.

In the LoS, Spyro had a separate healthbar remember?
avatar
#314 sonicbrawler182 22:04:39 04/03/2011
 Report
It's called a joke.....seriously, how could you not see that?....smilie
avatar
#315 SequoiaDragon 22:05:35 04/03/2011
 Report
Not necessarily sonicbrawler, they could have a new sort of life bar. smilie

EDIT: Whoa, two more posts in a matter of seconds. smilie
avatar
#316 Aura24 22:07:07 04/03/2011
 Report
Quote: sonicbrawler182
It's called a joke.....seriously, how could you not see that?....smilie


That doesn't sound like a joke to me... smilie
avatar
#317 sonicbrawler182 22:15:38 04/03/2011
 Report
I said if the GAME takes damage....

I noticed how people keep saying "the GAME would be destroyed without Sparx". So I took that phrase and twisted it into a more literal sense....I hate explaining jokes....
avatar
#318 purple-dragon 00:36:52 05/03/2011
 Report
Quote: CAV
Quote: Robo-Spyro
The level Spyro appears to be in that picture looks quite familiar. Some of the only reasons why I'm not feeling too interested in getting this game is that you have to use toys which makes this sound like something for 11-year-olds and younger.


That's what the game is targeted for. smilie



What does age have to do with any thing if a game is fun and its meat for an 11 year old does not mean an 20 year old can not enjoy the game.
avatar
#319 Aura24 01:23:09 05/03/2011
 Report
They're probably going to be set Skylanders as Rated E for everyone.
avatar
#320 riverhippo 01:40:49 05/03/2011
 Report
hopefully there will be a comic mischief and mild/cartoon violence subrating under the E.
avatar
#321 CAV 03:34:30 05/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Aura24
No I was talking about cheatruler, and his 'spyro being destroyed all because of Sparx gone' nonsense.


Ah, ok.

Quote: Aura24
That is if you're really attached to one side of a a video game franchise and treat it like royalty or something.


And thus I created the term "Classic Loyalist".
avatar
#322 bionicle2809 10:17:03 06/03/2011
 Report
Quote: purple-dragon
Quote: CAV
Quote: Robo-Spyro
The level Spyro appears to be in that picture looks quite familiar. Some of the only reasons why I'm not feeling too interested in getting this game is that you have to use toys which makes this sound like something for 11-year-olds and younger.


That's what the game is targeted for. smilie


What does age have to do with any thing if a game is fun and its meat for an 11 year old does not mean an 20 year old can not enjoy the game.


Did you even read what Robo-Spyro said?
avatar
#323 Crush 11:07:02 07/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Crush
dark52... This shouldn't even be on this site. It not a Spyro game. It a game with Spyro and his name in it. A trick from Activision to score more money.


lolz that's what you think of the game. It was dark52's decision to post Skylanders Spyro news on this site, not yours. If he thinks it's not a Spyro game, he wouldn't have posted this, but he did, to spread the news around of Skylanders and that it's a new Spyro game. And this is a 'Spyro' forum, and the news is Spyro-related..


Wow... this site is actully still related to Spyro? I am surprised.
avatar
#324 CAV 01:05:29 08/03/2011
 Report
Quote: purple-dragon
What does age have to do with any thing if a game is fun and its meat for an 11 year old does not mean an 20 year old can not enjoy the game.


I'm not the one offending the game. Read what Robo-Spyro said, then read what I said again.
avatar
#325 Malefor0001 19:34:10 08/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Purple n Spyro
AAHHHHH@ HES HORRABLE! HORRRABLE!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHH! HES GONNA EAT ME THIS GOBLIN! AAAHHHhhhh..... THATS SPYRO!? OMP IM COMPLAINING ABOUT ACTIVISION NOW, IMA SEND A COMPLAINT THAT THEY MESSED HIM UP ! smilie


Yes, its Spyro. What are ya, blind?

Quote: cheatruler
Quote: Aura24
Quote: zer0dch

Was this confirmed to be classic? My eyes must be going bad, because I searched and I didn't find it?


It's confirmed on the article that the game going to be based on the Original Spyro from his PS1 days..



they can't do that without sparx... they pretty much destroyed spyro completely...


LoS was going in the direction of killing Sparx completely. Yet the fanbase wants LoS back instead of this. So no, its not the lack of Sparx thats "destroying" this game. Its the idiotic fans who can't accept the game.

Quote: Crush
Quote: Aura24
Quote: Crush
dark52... This shouldn't even be on this site. It not a Spyro game. It a game with Spyro and his name in it. A trick from Activision to score more money.


lolz that's what you think of the game. It was dark52's decision to post Skylanders Spyro news on this site, not yours. If he thinks it's not a Spyro game, he wouldn't have posted this, but he did, to spread the news around of Skylanders and that it's a new Spyro game. And this is a 'Spyro' forum, and the news is Spyro-related..


Wow... this site is actully still related to Spyro? I am surprised.


Yo Crush! Long Time no See! smilie

Quote: purple-dragon
Quote: CAV
Quote: Robo-Spyro
The level Spyro appears to be in that picture looks quite familiar. Some of the only reasons why I'm not feeling too interested in getting this game is that you have to use toys which makes this sound like something for 11-year-olds and younger.


That's what the game is targeted for. smilie



What does age have to do with any thing if a game is fun and its meat for an 11 year old does not mean an 20 year old can not enjoy the game.


...?
avatar
#326 riverhippo 07:32:02 11/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Malefor0001
Quote: Purple n Spyro
AAHHHHH@ HES HORRABLE! HORRRABLE!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHH! HES GONNA EAT ME THIS GOBLIN! AAAHHHhhhh..... THATS SPYRO!? OMP IM COMPLAINING ABOUT ACTIVISION NOW, IMA SEND A COMPLAINT THAT THEY MESSED HIM UP ! smilie


Yes, its Spyro. What are ya, blind?

Quote: cheatruler
Quote: Aura24


It's confirmed on the article that the game going to be based on the Original Spyro from his PS1 days..



they can't do that without sparx... they pretty much destroyed spyro completely...


LoS was going in the direction of killing Sparx completely. Yet the fanbase wants LoS back instead of this. So no, its not the lack of Sparx thats "destroying" this game. Its the idiotic fans who can't accept the game.



Couldn't agree with you more...

I would love to see Sparx appear in the new game, but I think it's a joke when Spyro purists try to make Sparx a focal point in Spyro's franchise. Sparx didn't even have a real audible voice until A Hero's Tail.
avatar
#327 kris 14:23:12 11/03/2011
 Report
I guess it's over with Spyro...
avatar
#328 CAV 15:04:55 11/03/2011
 Report
Quote: kris
I guess it's over with Spyro...


*sigh*

What is it this time that ruined it? Please explain rather than just leave us hanging.
avatar
#329 riverhippo 16:50:44 11/03/2011
 Report
Quote: CAV
Quote: kris
I guess it's over with Spyro...


*sigh*

What is it this time that ruined it? Please explain rather than just leave us hanging.



If there's anything that ruined or will ruin Spyro, it's his unloyal fans...
avatar
#330 Aura24 17:17:57 11/03/2011
 Report
Quote: riverhippo
Quote: CAV
Quote: kris
I guess it's over with Spyro...


*sigh*

What is it this time that ruined it? Please explain rather than just leave us hanging.



If there's anything that ruined or will ruin Spyro, it's his unloyal fans...


^I agree. They're a little picky...
avatar
#331 sonicbrawler182 17:19:38 11/03/2011
 Report
Aren't we all at times?
avatar
#332 CAV 17:24:37 11/03/2011
 Report
Yes we are all picky, but this is ridiculous.

And I wouldn't call them unloyal. I would simply say that their not giving the game a chance, and they're giving Activision the impression that they don't want more Spyro games, which in turn will kill the franchise.
avatar
#333 Kyaro 21:13:03 11/03/2011
 Report
Honestly I really don't like the new design! I liked the old Spyro, but spyro from DOTD was my fav...this one is just freaky... DX
avatar
#334 Skyly 04:57:52 13/03/2011
 Report
I have to agree with Aura24.I mean yeah, Spyro looks goofy but who cares?I mean this is the same little purple dragon we all love.I loved TLoS, and it mad me a little bit sad that they didn't continue that story but I'm just happy Activision came out with another Spyro game. smilie But I have a feeling the prices on this game is going to be ridiculus though...
avatar
#335 Malefor0001 18:37:47 14/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Skyly
I have to agree with Aura24.I mean yeah, Spyro looks goofy but who cares?I mean this is the same little purple dragon we all love.I loved TLoS, and it mad me a little bit sad that they didn't continue that story but I'm just happy Activision came out with another Spyro game. smilie But I have a feeling the prices on this game is going to be ridiculus though...


Agreed.
avatar
#336 Cynderluvie 12:58:28 15/03/2011
 Report
REALLY. BAD. DESIGN. I mean, he's HIDEOUS.

I like CASF's (cynder-and-spyro-fan on dA) drawing's better, and I bet Cynder and Ember'll have nightmares if they come out. But I hope the game's good, though, and not so costly. smilie
avatar
#337 Doomdrao 20:19:54 15/03/2011
 Report
I'll admit, when AnB came out, that's what I though of Spyro's design, because I was so used to the Classic games but his design has nothing to do with the gameplay itself so this could be really good.
Just got to give it a chance, that's all.
Besides, I quite like his new look here smilie
avatar
#338 Axel 20:11:09 18/03/2011
 Report
dayumm. Spyro looks ugly
avatar
#339 BeanyBeans 22:22:44 18/03/2011
 Report
ha ha oh wow that spyro model is horrible
avatar
#340 sonicbrawler182 23:01:56 18/03/2011
 Report
Quote: BeanyBeans
ha ha oh wow that spyro model is horrible



Agreed.
avatar
#341 waytodawn96 03:43:13 20/03/2011
 Report
WTF?...okay activision you got me! now seriously, weres the new spyro game?....what!...THIS IS IT!!!!!!!???--that was my reaction >.>
avatar
#342 CAV 04:50:25 20/03/2011
 Report
Quote: waytodawn96
WTF?...okay activision you got me! now seriously, weres the new spyro game?....what!...THIS IS IT!!!!!!!???--that was my reaction >.>


It's the new Spyro game. You see Spyro on it.
avatar
#343 Aura24 05:57:46 20/03/2011
 Report
Quote: CAV
Quote: waytodawn96
WTF?...okay activision you got me! now seriously, weres the new spyro game?....what!...THIS IS IT!!!!!!!???--that was my reaction >.>


It's the new Spyro game. You see Spyro on it.


Unfortunately, some fans, who are dedicated on hating Activision, find that very hard to believe.
avatar
#344 CAV 06:03:03 20/03/2011
 Report
Quote: Aura24
Quote: CAV
Quote: waytodawn96
WTF?...okay activision you got me! now seriously, weres the new spyro game?....what!...THIS IS IT!!!!!!!???--that was my reaction >.>


It's the new Spyro game. You see Spyro on it.


Unfortunately, some fans, who are dedicated on hating Activision, find that very hard to believe.


I hate Activision with a burning passion for their business decisions. But yet I see Spyro. What makes me so different from the others?
avatar
#345 Aura24 06:05:10 20/03/2011
 Report
Quote: CAV
Quote: Aura24
Quote: CAV


It's the new Spyro game. You see Spyro on it.


Unfortunately, some fans, who are dedicated on hating Activision, find that very hard to believe.


I hate Activision with a burning passion for their business decisions. But yet I see Spyro. What makes me so different from the others?


That you accept Spyro no matter what, and continue to adore him despite the changes; a trait that some fans don't have when they only see a character design of the main character they don't like or the sense of new direction for a younger audience.
avatar
#346 CAV 06:06:33 20/03/2011
 Report
^I don't think it's that I adore all Spyro games, since there are a good share of Spyro games that aren't good. I think it's simply because I don't run around saying a game sucks without playing it first.
avatar
#347 Aura24 06:15:10 20/03/2011
 Report
That too, obviously you don't judge a game until you played it yourself, something the majority of the fanbase who hate Skylanders and flame all over the place failed to try, especially when the game isn't even out yet.
avatar
#348 CAV 14:21:25 20/03/2011
 Report
The same can be said to you.
avatar
#349 peddd 20:44:39 23/03/2011
 Report
:/ I'm not judging it, but when they said classic Spyro, I kinda wanted portals, 'homeworlds' (i.e Summer Plains, Winter Tundra), a fairy called Zoe which saves my progress, the ability to buy moves off Moneybags like 'swim' and 'headbash'. Not 30 playable characters...
avatar
#350 CAV 21:24:39 23/03/2011
 Report
Technically, there are portals in the game. The little portal thingy you put the toy on. smilie
First | Previous | Page 7 of 8 | Last

Please login or register a forum account to be remembered automatically.

UsernamePassword Remember Me