News and Updates

Poll

Favourite CTR:NF Spyro skin?
View Results
3:49 PM - Friday the 5th of August, 2011 - by dark52
The official Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure twitter account has posted a brand new trailer for the game.


A lot of the footage is from the previous E3 trailer but there are a few new bits in there including two previously unseen Skylanders; Dino-rang and Zook.
Categories
Comments
Page 1 of 2 | Last
avatar
#1 StevemacQ 18:39:52 05/08/2011
 Report
I know everyone tells me Spyro will never be the same again and I accept that but the idea of children playing Skylanders without realizing how Spyro used to be one of the greatest platforming games of all time back then still leaves me uncomfortable. Bobby Kotick saying Skylanders will be the best toy ever doesn't exactly help either.

I'm not in a good mood yet ironically though it's not Skylanders this time since I had a rainy summer, a scanner that won't work and people actually defended Call of Duty douchebags and justifying the creepy otaku.
avatar
#2 Aura24 18:44:31 05/08/2011
 Report
Most of us know already that Spyro will never be the same again.
avatar
#3 Razz 20:21:15 05/08/2011
 Report
Quote: StevemacQ
I know everyone tells me Spyro will never be the same again and I accept that but the idea of children playing Skylanders without realizing how Spyro used to be one of the greatest platforming games of all time back then still leaves me uncomfortable. Bobby Kotick saying Skylanders will be the best toy ever doesn't exactly help either.



Who cares? By the time LoS came out, very few people knew what Spyro was like back in the old days. So long as people still know there is such a thing as Spyro, then those who are interested can find the old games to play if they want. End of story. And props to Bobby for having faith in his product.
avatar
#4 StevemacQ 23:01:33 05/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Razz
Quote: StevemacQ
I know everyone tells me Spyro will never be the same again and I accept that but the idea of children playing Skylanders without realizing how Spyro used to be one of the greatest platforming games of all time back then still leaves me uncomfortable. Bobby Kotick saying Skylanders will be the best toy ever doesn't exactly help either.



Who cares? By the time LoS came out, very few people knew what Spyro was like back in the old days. So long as people still know there is such a thing as Spyro, then those who are interested can find the old games to play if they want. End of story. And props to Bobby for having faith in his product.



When has Bobby Kotick ever lost faith in his product? His ego is as big as his money vault. Remember what how much Tony Hawk RIDE sucked? What does Kotick do? Release another one that basically shelved the Tony Hawk games (as well as Guitar Hero)
avatar
#5 CAV 23:04:41 05/08/2011
 Report
This trailer uses too many old bits for me to honestly care.

Though I'm a bit curious as to why it didn't mention PC as one of the systems....

Quote: StevemacQ
When has Bobby Kotick ever lost faith in his product? His ego is as big as his money vault. Remember what how much Tony Hawk RIDE sucked? What does Kotick do? Release another one that basically shelved the Tony Hawk games (as well as Guitar Hero)


Tony Hawk (on hiatus)
Guitar Hero (on hiatus)
Crash Bandicoot

He's lost faith before.
avatar
#6 AMW1998 23:20:04 05/08/2011
 Report
I like the old spyro games better.
avatar
#7 Razz 02:29:59 06/08/2011
 Report
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: Razz
Quote: StevemacQ
I know everyone tells me Spyro will never be the same again and I accept that but the idea of children playing Skylanders without realizing how Spyro used to be one of the greatest platforming games of all time back then still leaves me uncomfortable. Bobby Kotick saying Skylanders will be the best toy ever doesn't exactly help either.



Who cares? By the time LoS came out, very few people knew what Spyro was like back in the old days. So long as people still know there is such a thing as Spyro, then those who are interested can find the old games to play if they want. End of story. And props to Bobby for having faith in his product.



When has Bobby Kotick ever lost faith in his product? His ego is as big as his money vault. Remember what how much Tony Hawk RIDE sucked? What does Kotick do? Release another one that basically shelved the Tony Hawk games (as well as Guitar Hero)



Nice dodge of the issue you originally brought up there. smilie And, no, I don't remember anything about Tony Hawk because it was never something I was interested in from the start. And I don't ever recall seeing quotes about specific games from Kotick in the past, good or bad, so there's that. There's also the little thing that a CEO (which Kotick is) is not in charge of directly releasing games, so he's not the one who made Tony Hawk suck, he's just the guy who had the final say on whether they'd give the franchise another try after it's bad game (which didn't work, so the company at large, not just Kotick, decided to shelve the franchise for now*).

* "Hiatus" means "temporary state which could change any time", not "gone forever".
avatar
#8 Aura24 02:31:18 06/08/2011
 Report
Bobby Kotick rant. smilie
avatar
#9 cynder fan 12:17:29 09/08/2011
 Report
THIS IS WAR!!!!THIS IS SPARATA!!!!!!!THIS IS.......
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO SPYRO?!
avatar
#10 CAV 14:39:45 09/08/2011
 Report
Quote: cynder fan
THIS IS WAR!!!!THIS IS SPARATA!!!!!!!THIS IS.......
WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO TO SPYRO?!


That joke ain't funny.

And they made a game on him. :3
avatar
#11 Seradar 16:32:15 09/08/2011
 Report
Anyone else wondering who the red dragon at 1:00 is?

And they better bring cinder back, or im gonna be pissed
avatar
#12 Aura24 17:07:15 09/08/2011
 Report
^ Skylanders is a reboot, Sedar. That means it has nothing to do with the Legend series nor the Classic series. So you might as well be pissed since there's a high chance Cynder won't even be in this game. All because Cynder is gone, it makes some fans angry.. Hm...
avatar
#13 Razz 17:23:09 09/08/2011
 Report
Oh, you silly Cyndorks, you. Cynder IS back in Skylanders. Her name is Sonic Boom. smilie
avatar
#14 Skorpion216 20:34:06 09/08/2011
 Report
^ *claps* Nice one.
avatar
#15 PikaSpyro 21:11:17 09/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Razz
Oh, you silly Cyndorks, you. Cynder IS back in Skylanders. Her name is Sonic Boom. smilie


^lol. smilie

This is why I'm not a Cynder fan AND a Legend fan anymore. It's because of fans like Seradar. :/
avatar
#16 CAV 02:53:00 10/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Razz
Oh, you silly Cyndorks, you. Cynder IS back in Skylanders. Her name is Sonic Boom. smilie


^thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis
avatar
#17 semp123 03:21:09 10/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Razz
Oh, you silly Cyndorks, you. Cynder IS back in Skylanders. Her name is Sonic Boom. smilie



I lol'ed.
avatar
#18 cynder fan 14:57:00 10/08/2011
 Report
Ahh,this is not spyro O.o
avatar
#19 PikaSpyro 19:45:22 10/08/2011
 Report
Quote: cynder fan
Ahh,this is not spyro O.o


Yes he is. He just got a redesign. -__-
avatar
#20 Aura24 19:46:37 10/08/2011
 Report
Yeah, Spyro is there in the trailer.
avatar
#21 Skorpion216 20:29:28 10/08/2011
 Report
I love watching these people react to old news.
avatar
#22 semp123 20:30:05 10/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Skorpion216
I love watching these people react to old news.



Agreed.
avatar
#23 cynder fan 20:33:58 10/08/2011
 Report
This thosent look like spyro smilie
avatar
#24 PikaSpyro 20:41:45 10/08/2011
 Report
Quote: cynder fan
This thosent look like spyro smilie


You've said this before. Get used to it. -__-
avatar
#25 Aura24 20:46:48 10/08/2011
 Report
Spyro's going to look different than what fans want him to look, cynder fan, whether you like or not.
avatar
#26 Purple n Spyro 22:46:00 10/08/2011
 Report
Spyro looks cuter then his pic on the skylanders page. I will miss a good friend of myne... R.I.P oringinal spyro.... You will live in my heart for all eternity. X3 i JUST HAD to add that!
avatar
#27 Razz 23:34:55 10/08/2011
 Report
Pfft. Original Spyro died when EtD came out. If you're going to go that route, at least admit the facts here. smilie
avatar
#28 SuperSpyroFan 08:26:12 11/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Razz
Pfft. Original Spyro died when EtD came out. If you're going to go that route, at least admit the facts here. smilie



Original Spyro died? He's not a living creature. He's just a Goonro.
avatar
#29 Purple n Spyro 13:54:02 11/08/2011
 Report
smilie ima KID! SHEESH GET THAT IN YOUR HEAD PLEASE! spyro can be alive in my imagination! LIVE WITH IT
Anyway... Skylanders spyro has cynder horns, and i dont like his tail, but i gotta LIVE LIFE. smilie
avatar
#30 cynder fan 18:24:20 11/08/2011
 Report
smilie Ahh!I cant bilive it! There wuld doo bether if there wuld make this move smilie
avatar
#31 CAV 21:32:29 11/08/2011
 Report
Quote: cynder fan
smilie Ahh!I cant believe it! There would do better if there would make this move smilie


Grammatically fixed for those whom can't read it.

..................It still doesn't make sense. The most I can guess is that you think they would do better with the movie than with the game, in which I say "no they wouldn't". The film would've been a box office bomb, like most video game adaptations.
avatar
#32 ih8u2 03:03:48 12/08/2011
 Report
Okay. I love the original Spyro series. It was a huge part of my childhood, I wish kids today knew of it, I hated EtD and LoS because they screwed around too much with my nostalgia, but you know what? I'm actually looking forward to Skylanders. I think slapping Spyro's face on a game that could've done without it was a bit unnecessary, but it's better than mutating the original worlds in a way that was either lazy, missed the mark, or took itself way too dang seriously. I think this game looks like a good amount of effort and marketing savvy was put into it, and for that, I'm cool with it. So if this is what kids thing Spyro is in this day and age, fine. At least it's getting a fresh start. :T
avatar
#33 Razz 03:34:00 12/08/2011
 Report
I'm not alone! smilie
avatar
#34 SuperSpyroFan 06:17:48 12/08/2011
 Report
Quote: ih8u2
Okay. I love the original Spyro series. It was a huge part of my childhood, I wish kids today knew of it, I hated EtD and LoS because they screwed around too much with my nostalgia, but you know what? I'm actually looking forward to Skylanders. I think slapping Spyro's face on a game that could've done without it was a bit unnecessary, but it's better than mutating the original worlds in a way that was either lazy, missed the mark, or took itself way too dang seriously. I think this game looks like a good amount of effort and marketing savvy was put into it, and for that, I'm cool with it. So if this is what kids thing Spyro is in this day and age, fine. At least it's getting a fresh start. :T



I've never thought about it like that, but I'm still not very bothered about the game, I'll read up about it, and later on when I find a playthrough of it on YouTube, I may watch a couple of videos on it, but that's as far as I will go with it, there's just other games of my interest right now.
avatar
#35 Robo-Spyro 12:09:58 12/08/2011
 Report
Spyro's dead.
avatar
#36 PikaSpyro 12:26:42 12/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Spyro's dead.


No, he's still alive. -__-
avatar
#37 CAV 14:01:33 12/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Spyro's dead.


Spyro was never alive in the first place.
avatar
#38 StevemacQ 15:45:16 12/08/2011
 Report
It's kinda of weird that this article is full of ranting about how Spyro is now how he is and I only complained about Activision's overall handling of the brand.
avatar
#39 SuperSpyroFan 16:43:17 12/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Spyro's dead.



Spyro is a video game character, therefore he can only die in your mind when you are fed up of that video game character. Now this may seem cinfusing as to which Spyro you are talking about.
avatar
#40 darkcynro 02:53:25 13/08/2011
 Report
ok i have been gone for awhile but now im back. did anyone else notice that at the end of that trailler the red dragon at the end looked alot like Ignitus. i bet someone has already noticed this but i was to lazy to read all of the comments any ways after seeing that i thing that some of the charactors form the others spyro games will be in the new skylanders game.
avatar
#41 Skorpion216 02:54:17 13/08/2011
 Report
It looks kinda like a young Ignitus, I'll give you that.
avatar
#42 SuperSpyroFan 09:36:05 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: darkcynro
ok i have been gone for awhile but now im back. did anyone else notice that at the end of that trailler the red dragon at the end looked alot like Ignitus. i bet someone has already noticed this but i was to lazy to read all of the comments any ways after seeing that i thing that some of the charactors form the others spyro games will be in the new skylanders game.



I've seen a few people say that the red dragon at the end of the trailer looks like Flame from A Hero's Tail, and others like yourself say it looks like a younger version of Ignitus from LoS. It does look like both of them to me, but I highly doubt it is actually them.
avatar
#43 Robo-Spyro 12:49:00 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Spyro's dead.



Spyro is a video game character, therefore he can only die in your mind when you are fed up of that video game character. Now this may seem cinfusing as to which Spyro you are talking about.


Indeed. Go and explore an alternate universe now.
avatar
#44 SuperSpyroFan 17:26:31 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Robo-Spyro
Spyro's dead.



Spyro is a video game character, therefore he can only die in your mind when you are fed up of that video game character. Now this may seem cinfusing as to which Spyro you are talking about.


Indeed. Go and explore an alternate universe now.


That makes no sense to me.
avatar
#45 darkcynro 17:50:18 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: darkcynro
ok i have been gone for awhile but now im back. did anyone else notice that at the end of that trailler the red dragon at the end looked alot like Ignitus. i bet someone has already noticed this but i was to lazy to read all of the comments any ways after seeing that i thing that some of the charactors form the others spyro games will be in the new skylanders game.



I've seen a few people say that the red dragon at the end of the trailer looks like Flame from A Hero's Tail, and others like yourself say it looks like a younger version of Ignitus from LoS. It does look like both of them to me, but I highly doubt it is actually them.



well i just thought i would bring it up and im sure the character will not be named Ignitus or Flame but still it suprised me how much they look alike
avatar
#46 cynder fan 18:03:07 13/08/2011
 Report
So, that creepy purple pig is spyro?
avatar
#47 Aura24 18:03:35 13/08/2011
 Report
Yes, he is Spyro.
avatar
#48 SuperSpyroFan 18:30:11 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: cynder fan
So, that creepy purple pig is spyro?



Why are you bothering a give such a sarcastic question?
avatar
#49 PikaSpyro 19:38:12 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: cynder fan
So, that creepy purple pig is spyro?


Surprisingly, yes. smilie
avatar
#50 CAV 23:31:36 13/08/2011
 Report
Quote: StevemacQ
It's kinda of weird that this article is full of ranting about how Spyro is now how he is and I only complained about Activision's overall handling of the brand.


Activision's handling would obviously change how Spyro is. So I honestly find those topics to be the same.
Page 1 of 2 | Last

Please login or register a forum account to be remembered automatically.

UsernamePassword Remember Me