- Mini-Jini kicks off the Giant Sidekicks with her arrival. Use your toy or buy her for 300 Gems.
- Whisper Elf is the second Sidekick to get a house, as usual it'll cost you 350 Gems.
- Level 38 gets a new building, a Park.
- Eye-Small also makes an appearance but only if you buy the most expensive 7500 Gem Pack (for half price).
- All the Giant Houses are back for a very short time.
- And we bid farewell to Flynn as he's leaving this Sunday.
Don't forget the new Alter-Ego that arrived on Sunday, Autumn Stump Smash, who you can win in the Wishing Well all month long.
It also confirms the return of Camo in some capacity as well as showing the new looks for a few other returnees.
And in other news, Skylanders: Cloud Patrol hit the regular Android Google Play store today, so no longer is it exclusive to the Kindle Fire (and iOS).
It will be developed by n-Space, the same company that made the 3DS version last year's Skylanders Giants, and will again have a completely different storyline to that seen in its console counterpart.
Quote: Press Release
The story of Skylanders SWAP Force on Nintendo 3DS begins in Boomtown, home of Skylands' favorite pilot, Flynn. As the town is celebrating Flynn as their hometown hero, a new villain known as Count Moneybone sneaks his way into Boomtown to kidnap Cali, long-time friend to Flynn and the Skylanders. Now it's up to Portal Masters everywhere to assemble the Skylanders and SWAP Force to save Cali and defeat the evil Count Moneybone.
The game will be released alongside the console versions in October and comes with two swappable characters, Free Ranger and Rattle Shake, as well as the exclusive Volcanic Eruptor.
Also playable on the 2DS!
Infinity Guru: Disney adds a new selection of Toy Boxes to Infinity and an Incredibles Walkthrough posted.
- Terrabite joins the other three Sidekicks to fill out the original set of four. 300 Gems to buy him if you don't have the toy.
- Buddy Wrecking Ball gets his own Hut for 350 of your Gems.
- This weekend will be a Wishing Weekend where you can win previous alter-egos as Top Prizes, the Wish Stones that you earn will be doubled and you'll be able to get the companion Ermit who reduces Sanctuary time by half.
- A new Boat House for your Mabu to live in too, if you can get to level 37 that is...
An update late last week upped the Kingdom's level cap from 35 to 40 so it's time to get collecting that Kingdom XP again!
And Super Tuesday is the forewarned Chompy Invasion as well as 25% off last week's new companion, Cape Girl.
The four main Skylanders they've been focusing on are two swappers, Boom Jet and Grilla Drilla, as well as two core Skylanders, Slobber Tooth and Zoo Lou.
FamilyGamerTV were at gamescom and have been busy interviewing a few key people like Guha Bala from the developers Vicarious Visions in the video above.
You can check out some new screenshots, artwork and toy photos in the Swap Force Gallery here on darkSpyro.
- Cape Girl, a new companion who can instantly complete Sheep, Troll and Chompy Pod invasions. Costs 150 Gems.
- Gill Runt, the third of the Sidekicks is now available. Costs 300 Gems (or of course free if you have the toy).
- Trigger Snappy's House, a new house for Trigger Snappy. Costs 350 Gems.
- And the usual new timed quests for premium items, one of the quests involves both of the Sidekicks from last week.
Infinity Guru: Disney Infinity launches to positive reviews.
The main attraction is the five dark Skylanders: Dark Wash Buckler, Dark Blast Zone, Dark Ninja Stealth Elf, Dark Mega Ram Spyro, and Dark Slobber Tooth. And along with all the usual stickers and cards you'll get a special poster featuring all of the characters from all three games.
Lost Islands this week sees the introduction of the first two Sidekicks, Trigger Snappy and Whisper Elf. They behave just like the other Skylanders but they can tackle the new Chompy Pods when they're fresh, other Skylanders must wait for it to empty. The other six Sidekicks are likely to be rolled out slowly like they've been doing with the variants. Super Tuesday this week has a double gold bonus.
Legendary Night Shift, Legendary Free Ranger
Legendary LightCore Grim Creeper, Legendary Zoo Lou
Boom Jet, Zoo Lou
Scorp, Slobber Tooth
LightCore Warnado, LightCore Flashwing
Super Gulp Pop Fizz, Anchors Away Gill Grunt
Heavy Duty Sprocket, Twin Blade Chop Chop
We've also got images of the packaging that a few of the single characters are going to come in for SWAP Force:
For the totally brand new SWAP Force Core Skylanders we have:
- Wind Up
- Punk Shock
- Dune Bug
In addition to the ones we've known about previously there will be LightCore versions of Countdown, Bumble Blast and Smolderdash.
The remaining Adventure Pack and Battle Pack were also named as "Sheep Wreck Island" and "Arkeyan Crossbow" respectively. No details were given so it is still guesswork as to which Skylanders will be included in those packs.
And finally they gave almost all of the missing names for the Skylanders returning from previous games:
- Heavy Duty Sprocket
Bang BangBig Bang Trigger Happy
- Anchors Away Gill Grunt
- Fire Bone Hot Dog
- Phantom Cynder
- Twin Blade Chop Chop
- Super Gulp Pop Fizz
- Turbo Jet-Vac
- Horn Blast Whirlwind
- Hyper Beam Prism Break
- LightCore Wham-Shell
- LightCore Warnado
- LightCore Flashwing
That does however still leave room for one more Life returnee...
- Gnarly Tree Rex is now available, you can unlock for free even without the toy.
- A new companion called Ol'Mac has arrived who can double the energy you get from crops, he costs a whopping 3500 gems.
- Grill Master Chop Chop's Hut has been added at the usual price of 350 gems.
- Tree Rex's House is back until the 14th of August in celebration of Gnarly Tree Rex's debut, again it's priced at 350 gems.
- An announcement that the Sidekicks will be coming to the Lost Islands next week but no indication of what they might do.
- And of course a few new timed quests to complete.
Update: And for Super Tuesday you'll be able to collect a free gem from Orville each hour and shrines are 33% off at 200 gems each.
Also revealed today on Amazon.com was the packaging for the first Adventure and Battle Packs of SWAP Force. First we have the Tower of Time Adventure Pack in better detail with confirmation of the item names "Battle Hammer" and "Sky Diamond" along with Pop Thorn's name "Pop Thorn".
Then we have the Fiery Forge Battle Pack (previously known as Mulcan Forge) with a clear shot of the Bumble Blast toy as well as Knockout Terrafin.
You can find screenshots from both packs in the gallery.
A few have already been found in stores but it is not expected to be properly released until a little later in the month.
The first of the new Giants sidekicks from the Frito-Lay promotion have been arriving so be on the lookout if you've ordered some of those.
And Skylanders: Lost Islands updated again this week. First with a new companion, Ruggles, who increases the number of Skylanders you can send in a Sanctuary, and today with the month's brand new Alter-Ego called "Grill Master Chop Chop" that you can win in the Wishin' Well (or just buy for 1500 gems).
As part of the "Heat Wave" event that lasts until the 4th of August you can also win previous alter-egos in the Wishin' Well as Top Prizes and hero points from all sources have been doubled for the duration.
Infinity Guru: Series 1 Power Discs and their abilities revealed in video form.
Boom Jet (SF), Bumble Blast, Zoo Lou, Scorp, Slobber Tooth
Chop Chop, Gill Grunt, Sprocket, Pop Fizz
Another new Skylander that did not have an image is a Lightcore Skylander called Smolderdash and along with the other new returnees there were also Lightcore versions of Flashwing and Warnado but there were no images of them.
The first thing to remember is that the images that were used were clearly not intended to be published as is so the Skylanders will no doubt look a little different in their final designs. Their names too may be placeholders that have yet to be fully finalised as a Skylander we already know the name of, Pop Thorn, is listed as Gasteroid (of course it could be that Pop Thorn is the older name).
Bumble Blast, a Skylander we have actually previously seen in promotional artwork, looks set to be a part of a Battle Pack called "Mulcan Forge" along with the Series 3 version of Terrafin, the battle item itself being a cauldron pouring molten metal called "Cauldron".
As well as all that there a couple of listings for Double Packs which include two of the swappable Swap Force characters, one pack has Free Ranger and a mysteriously named Nitro Magna Charge while the other has Rattle Shake but also has Nitro Magna Charge. Again there were no images of these packs so it is unclear exactly how Nitro Magna Charge will differ from the regular single pack Magna Charge.
Infinity Guru: The Incredibles get their own set of Disney Infinity trailers.
You can check out the official website to read all about the game in Japanese.
Thanks to Nat Loh for the heads up.
You can get one of Thumpling, Barkley, Eye-Small or Mini-Jini by purchasing a promotional multipack and then entering your code on their website (once it goes live on June the 30th at least). There's a $2.50 shipping and handling fee however so it's not entirely free.
Also included is a coupon for $1 off a Skylanders Giants toy and a coupon which doubles up for either $5 off a Giants Starter Pack or $10 off a SWAP Force Starter Pack.