The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
Called The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon, this is the third and final part of the first Legend of Spyro trilogy.
|October 21st 2008|
|November 21st 2008|
In the culmination of the trilogy, players find Spyro teaming up with an unlikely ally - Cynder, his former enemy, to face his most challenging mission to date. As the Dark Master's (voiced by Mark Hamill) evil envelopes the world like a plague, Spyro must fulfill his destiny and unlock the true power of the purple dragon within him to stop the Dark Master in his tracks.
- First appearance on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360
- Epic culmination of "Legend of Spyro" storyline Spyro finally faces the Dark Master
- Fly at any time – first free flight in a Spyro game
- Drop-in/drop-out co-op play with Cynder (female dragon)
- Both characters can complete the game separately
- Global release Oct/Nov 2008
- Elijah Wood voices Spyro
- Gary Oldman as Ignitus
- Mark Hamill is the Dark Master
- Christina Ricci is Cynder
- Wayne Brady is Sparx
- Blair Underwood is Hunter
- The game takes place three years after The Eternal Night
- Sets of armor can be found throughout the game that can be mixed and matched or use one whole set to gain bonus abilities.
- Spyro uses Fire, Earth, Ice and Electricity
- Cynder uses Poison, Fear, Wind and Shadow
Three long years have passed since Spyro and Cynder were trapped in the crystal, since then Malefor has unleashed his evil onto the world. In this third chapter of the epic Legend of Spyro trilogy, Spyro must fulfil his destiny and face the Dark Master. As evil spreads over the world, Spyro and Cynder must discover new abilities and unlock their true powers to defeat Malefor and stop him from destroying the world.
- Xbox's official page for the game.
- Australian Gamer
- Australian Gamer interview Tantalus and get a hands-on of the DS game.
- Sierra's product page for the game.
- Dawn of the Dragon
- Sierra's official minisite for the game.
- Some impressions from Joystiq.
- Kotaku's impression of the game and some DS screenshots.
- First screens of the game on Xbox 360.
- GameStop lists "Legend of Spyro: Darkest Hour" on PS2, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and DS for release on the 7th of October.
- Velvet Octopus
- The first information on the third game was given via a Powerpoint that has since been removed.
All off-topic comments will be deleted. Please do not use the comments system for conversations, instead use the provided forums for the game.
Please login or register a forum account to post a comment.